Chicken Noodle Soup
I know that it’s difficult to cook after work. So I suggest you this chicken and noodle soup.It’s an easy and healthy recipe and that’s the perfect comfort food.You can easily cook this dish; it will take you around 30 minutes. This chicken and noodle soup is delicious! Enjoy!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 large stick celery, thinly sliced
- 1.75l (56fl oz) chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 boneless chicken thighs, skin removed and sliced
- 50g (1 3/4oz) dried egg noodles, broken into 5cm (2in) pieces
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mint leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat until hot. Add the leek and cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes. Add the carrots and celery, and cook, stirring often, for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bay leaves, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and noodles, partially cover and cook for 5 minutes, then add the asparagus and cook for a further 3 minutes. Season to taste. Remove the bay leaf, sprinkle with the parsley, garnish with the mint and serve with lime wedges.